Effective Health Check on Non-Communicable Diseases
Non-communicable diseases (NCD) are defined as being slow in onset and progression, and long in duration. Diseases including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease and some cancers form part of the definition of NCD. Non-communicable diseases (NCD’s) accounted for nearly two-thirds of global deaths in 2008. Worksites and companies are directly affected by NCD’s due to reduced employee productivity, increased absenteeism and increased likelihood of disability. The prime purpose of the course is to enlighten and introduce participants on the impact of non-communicable diseases to the general public. All employers and employees need to know the impact of NCDs on the organization and know how to deal the effects.
- Understand the meaning of non- communicable diseases
- Appreciate the causes of non-communicable diseases
- Gain knowledge as to what the government is doing to prevent NCD
- Understand the role of the individual in preventing the non-communicable diseases
- Describe the right environment to make people work effectively through exercises
Food handlers, Restaurant managers, General staff in hotels , Butchery staff, Food hygiene consultants, Government and Private Sector employees, Mining and General staff.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests