Scaffold Handling in Workplaces (SHW)
This course discusses the general requirements of scaffold safety as well the components, erection use and dismantling of supported and suspended scaffolds. It details more specific guidelines for safety erecting, using, and dismantling each type of scaffold. It also describes important guidelines for conducting safety inspections of supported and suspended scaffolds.
- Understand the rules and regulations in scaffolding erection and dismantling.
- Define the access and working platform.
- Identify the scaffold erection and dismantling planning.
- Apply the materials handling process, proper wearing of the equipment and PPE.
- Analyze the scaffolding parts and checklist.
- Evaluate the fall protection of scaffolding.
- Erect sample independent scaffold.
This module is specifically designed for the scaffolds team (construction and cleaning companies), Site Supervisors, Site Managers and HSE professional.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests