Basic Security Skills (BSS)
The course focuses on impacting skills to learners which will operate mainly in the security sector, within a range of contexts, including rural, urban, corporate, mass, gatherings, homes and businesses. It will provide the learner with the competencies needed to undertake a range of security related processes and practices. This training will ensure that persons involved in the security environment will be able to practice the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to operate in a professional manner. Furthermore, enhance their career opportunities within the security environment.
- Knowledge of different duties of a Security Guard
- Confidentiality and safekeeping of information
- Dealing with difficult or angry people
- Maintaining a professional appearance in public
- Using public relations principles
- Communicating without discrimination
- Developing observation skills
This module is specifically designed for individuals who are pursuing a career in security industry.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests