Coaching and Mentoring Skills (CMS)
Being a leader comes with many challenges, one of them being, not having anyone above your level to ask for guidance. For example; How can you make sure you are more effective? How can one introduce standards such as the ISO 9000 series in your processes? How do you get results when the leadership role keeps changing due to rapid changing demands? The corporate world today is in fast pace, and the new generation of workers change jobs more frequent, leaving you in constant retraining mode, demanding you to produce quality results with new staff all the time. This course will equip you with skills to be a more effective leader through building your coaching and mentoring skills. How? By communicating well enabling you to break down obstacles and misunderstandings to improve performance. Coach underachievers to levels in hamony with organisation policy and turn good workers into high achievers!
- Understand the meaning of coaching and mentoring
- Appreciate the importance of coaching and mentoring
- Gain insight into the practical side of coaching and mentoring within the organization and work practice
- Understand the differences between coaching and mentoring
- Describe the correct environment for caching and mentoring
The course targets individuals in an organisation who are tasked with supervision and managing teams in production or service provision.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests