Food Safety and Hygiene (FSH)
The principles of food safety aim to prevent food from becoming contaminated and causing food poisoning. Food safety and hygiene is of utmost importance for businesses, as it helps to protect the health of consumers from foodborne illnesses and food poisoning which can have severe financial and operational negative impact. Thus ensuring food is safe for human consumption is the critical part in the whole process of preparing or handling food. This ranges all the way from the farm to your plate, which means hygiene is important at home as well in the restaurant, retail store and/or food factory. The prime purpose of the course is to enlighten and introduce participants on the nature of food and the consequences attached to its mishandling.
- Understand safe food hygiene processes
- Appreciate the importance of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) in food handling
- Gain insight into kitchen organization and work practice
- Understand the nature of food-borne illness, food spoilage and food poisoning
- Describe the correct environment for the preparation, use and storage of food commodities
This module is specifically designed for anyone who working or have experience in a food related occupation.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests