Personal Financial Literacy (PFL)
The primary content for the course focuses on the study of learning the ideas, concepts, knowledge and skills that will enable learners to implement beneficial personal decision-making choices; to become wise, successful, and knowledgeable consumers, savers, investors, users of credit and money managers; and to be participating members of a global workforce and society. Emphasis will be placed on economic decision-making and real-life applications using real data.
- Apply financial literacy reasoning in order to make informed, financially responsible decisions
- Relate choices regarding one’s education and career paths to earning potential
- Plan and manage money effectively by identifying financial goals and developing spending plans
- Make informed decisions about incurring debt and maintaining creditworthiness
- Plan and achieve long-term goals related to saving and investing in order to build financial security and wealth
- Develop financial planning skills to minimize financial setbacks
This module is specifically designed for anyone who aspires to acquire skills to make sound financial decisions.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests