Basic Occupational Health and Safety (BOHS)
Why health and safety in the workplace is important and should not be underestimated? Apart from being a Law, it is part and parcel of being a good employer to make sure your staff is not at risk of any injury as a result of the work they do.Furthermore, it's not just your staff, that health and safety is important for, it's there to protect visitors, customers, sub-contractors and the general public who come into contact with the organisation in any way. Businesses that flout the laws face losing staff, higher recruitment costs, financial loss, risk losing business, lower retention rates, lower profitability, reputational risk and legal suits.
- Understand the meaning of Health and Safety at workplace
- Appreciate the importance of safe working conditions
- Gain insight as to what are the right and wrong things to do when doing work.
- Understand the proper management of work to avoid accidents from happening
- Describe the right procedures in working effectively
This module is specially designed for both public and private sector employees.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests