Stress Management Strategies (SMS)
More and more people are encountering stress, overwork, and the pressure of time constraints in their lives. Some stress is actually good for you because it inspires you to meet life’s challenges. Too much ongoing stress causes an almost continuous activation of your body’s stress-response system. The overexposure to cortisol and other stress hormones can increase your risk of obesity, insomnia, digestive problems, heart disease, depression, memory impairment, and physical illness. It is important to recognize when we are in DISTRESS. This workshop will provide practical tips and techniques to help you achieve better results and health through the effective management of distress.
- Understand the basic principles of stress management
- Recognize your stress triggers and how to manage them
- Develop proactive responses to stressful situations
- Use coping tips for managing stress both on and off the job
- Learn to manage stress through diet, sleep and other lifestyle factors
- Develop a long term action plan to minimize and better manage stress
Anyone under pressure who feels the negative impact of stress, and who wants to learn how to handle stress more effectively both in their work environment and personal lives.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests