Forklift Training (FT)
Forklifts are the most widely used pieces of equipment for lifting and moving heavy loads. Many industries such as agriculture, warehousing, and construction use one or more types of forklifts for handling heavy materials at the job site. However, operating a forklift requires a lot of skill as it can be dangerous to work with heavy equipment without specialized training, for the operator as well as others around them.
- Forklift safety analysis and pre-operation checks.
- Job site awareness and hazard analysis.
- Principles of capacity, stability, and load management.
- Engine, motor, and other controls in the lift truck.
- Procedures to start and shut down the equipment safely specific to the forklift the operator will be authorized to operate.
- Best practices on steering control and manoeuvrability.
- Refuelling and recharging methods.
- Identifying warnings and preventative maintenance on the forklift.
- Hands-on operating skills
This module is specifically designed for anyone who wants to be employed in areas that will require the use of forklift machinery.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests