Project Management Skills(PMS)
Good project managers know how to take control and lead others effectively. Project managers have to be able to take charge and maintain order and progress in a business. When prospective customers can see that there is clearly someone in control, they will be more apt to become active customers and ultimately their confidence will increase. PolyNew Training Services thrives to build successful project managers through coaching benchmarked on communication and interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts skills, team building and team leader skills.
- Understand what is meant by a project
- Explain what project management means
- Identify benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle and apply a simple lifecycle to a project in order to break in into easily manageable stages.
- Plan projects using statement of work and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Schedule projects activities and build the project network model
- Calculate project budgets and schedule variances using Earned Value (EV) techniques
- Select the right projects using capital budgeting techniques
- Relate to project stakeholders through better negotiation and communication skills
This module is specifically designed for those who are new to projects, or a non-project staff who wants to gain basic understanding of the project management systems, tools and processes.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Demonstrations & Practicals
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests