Stakeholder Management (SM)
Stakeholder management creates positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives. Stakeholder management is a process and control that must be planned and guided by underlying principles.
The goal of the course is to give learners the tools to initiate a project plan, manage both internal and external stakeholders and relationships, organize their team, develop a project charter, and build a business case for a project.
Stakeholder Management will equip learners with the knowledge and capacity to correctly identify and analyse stakeholders, evaluate and prioritise vested interests, and manage relevant relationships in organisation's business environment. Given the increasing awareness and value of different publics, the knowledge that will be acquired through this course will lend itself to the maximisation of results and minimisation of problems in creating a sustainable organisational endeavour.
- Perform a project assessment using information from previous projects and lessons learned
- Identify key deliverables based on business requirements while managing customer expectations
- Perform a stakeholder analysis and create a management plan
- Do a stakeholder mapping
- Create a project charter
- Explain the business case for a project and do the necessary work for each project.
- Inform stakeholders of the charter and ensure all parties know the deliverables and expectations
This course is ideal for you if you are a supervisor, manager or anyone involved in managing stakeholder relationships.
The module shall be delivered by way of:
- Group presentations
- Case studies
- Assignments & Tests